[suggest] per-Time-Piece package problem

Aaron Scamehorn Aaron.Scamehorn at cogcap.com
Tue Aug 22 15:33:50 CEST 2006

Hi Guys,

First, thanks for the work providing these packages.

In the following package:
Name        : perl-Time-Piece              Relocations: (not
relocatable)
Version     : 2.00_01                           Vendor: Dag Apt
Repository, http://dag.wieers.com/apt/
Release     : 1.2.el4.rf                    Build Date: Sun Nov 27
03:19:45 2005
Install Date: Wed Jul 26 15:20:35 2006      Build Host:
lisse.hasselt.wieers.com
Group       : Applications/CPAN             Source RPM:
perl-Time-Piece-2.00_01-1.2.el4.rf.src.rpm
Size        : 74071                            License: Artistic
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Sun Nov 27 10:47:14 2005, Key ID
a20e52146b8d79e6
Packager    : Dries Verachtert <dries at ulyssis.org>
URL         : http://search.cpan.org/dist/Time-Piece/
Summary     : Object Oriented time objects
Description :
This module contains Object Oriented time objects.

According to the above modules webpage,
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Time-Piece/, Version 2.00_01 (and 2.00_00)
is a DEVELOPER RELEASE.  As such, there is a bug in Piece.pm,v 1.21.  I
will report this bug to the author of Time::Piece as well
(http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=20743).

Given that Version 2.00_01 is marked as DEVELOPER RELEASE, is it
possible for you to fall back to Time-Piece-1.09?

I composed this email sometime ago, and sent it directly to dag & dries.
I've since received a response from the maintainer of Time-Piece that
bug id 20743 is resolved.  The resolution is: "Resolving as I've
discontinued the 2.00 line and deleted from CPAN."

Thanks,
Aaron