[suggest] new package: XSearch (graphical replacement for find/grep)

Adam Cottrell cottrela at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 30 17:22:08 CEST 2006

Hi,

XSearch is a small app that makes using find/grep a doddle. I've had a
lot of positive feedback on it, and feel that having a multiformat RPM
would be of great benefit to the community.

I packaged this up on FC5 (binary plus source RPM). It's a small/fast
app, with minimal dependancies, that performs regular expression
searches from a GTK2+ based interface.

The latest (0.4.1) source RPM, binary, and source tgz are available
from:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/xsearch/xsearch-0.4.1-1.src.rpm?download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/xsearch/xsearch-0.4.1-1.i386.rpm?download
   [FC5 only]
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/xsearch/xsearch-0.4.1.tar.gz?download

The current SPEC file is available from my subversion dev area:
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/xsearch/branches/adam/initialProject/rpmbuild/xsearch-0.4.1-1.spec
  [Let me know if you have any trouble with this link]

Kind regards,
Adam Cottrell [ http://xsearch.sourceforge.net ]

p.s. I will continue to create FC5 RPMs (and submit them, as necessary),
but due to hardware limitations am unable to build/test other binaries.