[users] Program error

Robert Spangler bms at zoominternet.net
Sun Aug 27 18:31:00 CEST 2006

On Sun August 27 2006 12:08, Jim Perrin wrote:

>  > I installed etherape with YUM and after the install when I try to launch
>  > the program I get a small window with 'Unknown Error' in it.
>  >
>  > My system is running  CentOS 4.3 x86_64.  I know this might not be
>  > enough to start off with so I'll answer any questions.  I'm a simple end
>  > user without too much knowledge about programming or what files need to
>  > be installed on my system.  That is one thing I like about YUM it
>  > installs missing programs and make people like me lives easier.  Thnx!
>
>  Did you install the i386 version of etherape, or is that application
>  expecting i386 libs that you may not have on your x86_64 system?

Yum said it was the x86_64 version.  I have both sets of libs on this system
as the x86_64 install does this.  As to what the program sees or not I don't
know.  If memory server me correctly there should be a trace program I can
use to see what this program is doing, but because I have never used this
trace I don't know what I am doing or how to get it to work.  Any info I
would be thankful.

--

Regards
Robert