Weird packaging policies (Was: [users] Circular obsoletes between Dries and FE6 rrdtool Perl bindings)

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Wed Dec 6 14:40:09 CET 2006

Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Now, creating a new (sane) packaging policy that mandates lower case package
>> names would make a lot of sense.
>
> Could we revert those 'new' packages in FE that already existed in
> RPMforge to lowercase ? I can make a list of those. Some of the packages
> (like django) I would like to introduce as well in lowercase if possible.

Can FC please remove the package version numbers from the directories in
/usr/share/doc and have a policy that each package should have a
directory in /usr/share/doc?  Using this directory has been used so
seldom that I rarely even look there anymore on RH based systems now.

Mike Fedyk              mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
tel: (712) 432-7952     FWD:779523