[users] Subversion 1.4.2 for FC4? [SOLVED]

Andre Oliveira da Costa costa at tecgraf.puc-rio.br
Fri Dec 15 13:51:07 CET 2006

Hi,

just to followup on this: I finally managed to compile svn 1.4.2 with
the help of some folks on the svn ML =))

First thing needed was to upgrade both apr and apr-util to the same
version (0.9.13), which, of course, makes lots of sense. Building apr
0.9.13 was a breeze, I basically used the same spec file from 0.9.6 (had
to disbale a couple of patches that either had already been applied or
were already incompatible).

The reason why I tried mixing different versions was because apr-util
0.9.13 build failed because one of its self-tests (testdbm) failed
consistently. After some attempts, I managed to go through passing an
additional compilation flag '--with-berkeley-db'.

Once I got these two installed, subversion 1.4.2 compiled just fine =)

If anyone is interested on spec files for apr and apr-util, just let me
know.

Regards,

Andre

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:17:16 -0200
Andre Oliveira da Costa <costa at tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we're desperately needing Subversion client 1.4.2 for FC4. I tried to
> build it myself from FC6 SRPM but it depends on apr-devel >= 0.9.7. I
> will try next to upgrade apr myself, but I was wondering if someone
> could already have done this, or has any tip to share about it (aside
> from "forget it" ;-)).
>
> TIA
>
> Regards,
>
> Andre