[users] Changes to the mirror of the RPMforge.net repository at messinet.com

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Thu Feb 2 19:27:53 CET 2006

I have made some changes to the mirror of the RPMforge.net repository
hosted at Messinet Secure Services. I have elected to mirror only those
packages for i386 and x86_64 FC4 from Dries as the entire RPMforge.net
mirror was huge and most of the mirror was unused or grossly underused.

Currently, RPMforge.net contains (s)rpms for many distros that are
underused such as FC1-FC2, Red Hat 6-9 and others. At this time I see no
need to mirror and sync packages each day for distros that haven't got
one hit since my mirror was activated.

You can access the RPMforge.net FC4 mirror at
ftp://ftp.messinet.com/pub/dag/dries/fedora/fc4/$basearch/dries/RPMS.

In the future, I may reconsider mirroring all of RPMforge.net, but usage
will be a factor in my decision.

Also, Dag has not yet replied to my January 19, 2006 mailing list and
IRC request to become an official mirror and list my server in the
mirrors-rpmforge list. So very few people would even know that this
mirror even exists.

Through all this, I do continue to support the excellent effort made by
those at RPMforge.net and I think it is an amazing undertaking.

If there are any suggestions on how I can better serve the RPMforge.net
team, I would be glad to entertain them.

--
My Website: http://messinet.com
My Online Gallery: