[users] dvdbackup 0.1.1 - undefined symbol: UDFFindFile

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Thu Feb 9 19:14:34 CET 2006

Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> The easiest thing would be to download the SRPM then unzip the archive,
> modify the file /libdvdread-0.9.4-cvs/dvdread/Makefile.am then re-zip
> the archive.  You then should be able to install the file by:
>
> installing the srpm
> then issuing the rpmbuild --rebuild command on the SPEC file
>
> Whenever a new libdvdread comes out, you need to download the SRPM and
> repeat the process.
>
> Would be alot easier if they would just patch the *&#(*$#&(( file
> wouldn't it...
>
> ;-)
>
> Quoting Anthony Messina <amessina at messinet.com>:
>
>> Gerald B. Cox wrote:
>>

>>> You should be able apply the patch to the srpm for libdvdread using the
>>> rpmbuild with the rebuild option - then install the binary rpm for
>>> dvdbackup.  I don't know why they keep dvdbackup out there and not
>>> support it.  I've pointed that out before.  Maybe someone will take
>>> another look since you've brought up the problem again.

>> how would i go about patching the file?  i've never done that before.
>>  i tried on my own, but i'm getting a HUNK fail error.

thank you for your help.  and i agree; this would be better if they kept
the patch in libdvdread until someone either updates dvdbackup or
creates a new program that will have the same functionality as
dvdbackup.  was this patch adversley affecting libdvdread?

i am quite surprised that those of us in the linux community have only
dvdbackup to truly rip a dvd for copy to a blank dvd.  dvd::rip is a
great program, but you can't re-burn to another dvd!  windows has
several programs that will do what dvdbackup [did|does] for linux.

is there anyone out there that would be willing to update/maintain
dvdbackup as it seems that the current designer/maintainer has not done
anything with the program in over 3 years?

--
My Website: http://messinet.com
My Online Gallery: