[users] Re: VLC checksum mis-match

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Feb 15 13:16:28 CET 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 09:02:06AM +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
> > Report it to HEAnet if you want it to be resolved. I've forwarded the
> > problem and got no answer. Maybe they respond if they get more reports.
>
> You CC'd us on a mail, that isn't a report. If you want us to resolve
> anything quickly, send a simple short mail telling us what the problem
> is. A useful example would be something like:
>
> 	The checksum on the file at $URL should be $checksum, however
> 	it is currently corrupted.

Based on your feedback, I added a report form for corruption problems in
my FAQ. You can find it at:

	http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#C1

It provides a template body to send corruption problems to HEAnet. Please
use this if you have problems with corrupted packages.

Colm, if you want to have the mails tweaked (for ease on filtering or to
make it more precise), let me know what you want changed.

PS I'm still looking for a way to get the md5sum out of the RPM header, so
that people can more easily report what md5sum they would have expected.
Smart actually tells you what is gets and what it expected, but yum sadly
does not. Maybe we should have an rpmforge-tools package with a tool that
helps with this.

Kind regards,