[users] plans for fc5

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Feb 15 17:38:05 CET 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Igor Jagec wrote:

> Dag Wieers ka?e:
>
> > Freshrpms already provides FC5 packages and those packages are already
> > updated to build on FC5.
>
> What about RPMforge project? Are there any improvements in merging Dag,
> Dries, Freshrpms projects into this one? It would be much easier for all
> of us if we had only one repository, instead of few of them as we have now.

I share your sentiment and I would like this to happen as well. But, as
far as I understood, freshrpms will always be around seperately for the
most recent Fedora distribution only.

Merging Dries and Dag (and maybe others that join and help RPMforge) is
not that hard once we have our own mirror-space that we have control over.
Currently we depend on Matthias his space (and Dries depends on my space
on matthias his space).

Dries has his own space on Belnet, but for RPMforge nothing exists yet.

I now know that both freshrpms and rpmforge traffic peaks around 110mbps,
so if anyone knows a mirror around Europe that can handle this load (for
http, ftp and rsync access), is able to do virtual hosting (and optionally
allow shell access or run cronjobs), let me know.

If we have such a server, we can migrate. My aim is to have a list of
mirrors eventually with some sort of round-robin (or like CentOS is doing
now based on location) to share the load.

> Did police found your laptops and stuff?

No, the investigation is ongoing but I do not expect any special actions
(not for my case anyway). I heard today they have arrested carjackers in
Brussels that are linked to burglaries in my hometown, but whether that is
related I don't know.

> Thanks. Cheers!

You're welcome.

Kind regards,