[users] Helping to build perl RPM packages (Was: EL4 perl-SOAP-Lite MQSeries dependency problems)

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sun Jan 15 14:29:32 CET 2006

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> ---> Package perl-SOAP-Lite.noarch 0:0.66.1-1.2.el4.rf set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(MQSeries::Queue) for package: perl-SOAP-Lite
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(MQSeries) for package: perl-SOAP-Lite
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(MQSeries::QueueManager) for package: perl-SOAP-Lite
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(MQSeries::Message) for package: perl-SOAP-Lite
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(MQClient::MQSeries) for package: perl-SOAP-Lite
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(MQSeries::Queue) is needed by package perl-SOAP-Lite
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(MQSeries) is needed by package perl-SOAP-Lite
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(MQSeries::QueueManager) is needed by package perl-SOAP-Lite
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(MQSeries::Message) is needed by package perl-SOAP-Lite
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(MQClient::MQSeries) is needed by package perl-SOAP-Lite
> [root at tabb1 ~]#
>
> Need any more info?

I've seen that as well (when doing the massive perl updates) but it's a
lot of work. We'll do that eventually. I needed it for some Google related
perl module.

But as said before the perl modules is a long and evolving process, adding
one module can spawn a lot of new dependencies. And it's not a priority.

You can help (if you like) by taking either perl-Apache-ASP (noarch
example) and perl-Compress-Zlib (arch example) and modify it for each of
these. And if it works, send it to suggest at lists.rpmforge.net

Kind regards,