[users] I think it's time for some increased publicity

ANTHONY JOSEPH MESSINA amessina at messinet.com
Thu Jan 19 18:43:49 CET 2006

Stanton Finley wrote:
> I have tried to promote RPMForge with good success. My
> http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_4_installation_notes.html (which
> now gets over 3000 unique hits per day) recommends RPMForge over Livna
> for automatic updates. If you do a keyword search in Google for "fedora
> core" or "fedora core 4" you will see an indication of the site's
> popularity by page rank. I've received hundred of emails thanking me for
> these instructions.
>
> Stanton Finley
> http://stanton-finley.net/

excellent work!  i know your site, as i used to visit occaisionally when
i was having trouble in my early linux days.  your site does come up
often in google searches.  anyone official from rpmforge have any
comments?  do you (rpmforge) have a publicity model of sorts?  i'd be
able to publicize on my website, http://messinet.com.

something that would help is a revamped rpmforge.net webpage. that page
in particular even as you click through it makes it seem slike rpmforge
isn't yet working, when in fact, the repos are, but some of the website
features aren't.

i just was surprised to se fedoraforum.org, a fairly active forum have a
post from someone who didn't even think rpmforge.net was even working!