[users] dvdbackup 0.1.1 - undefined symbol: UDFFindFile

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Mon Jan 23 18:24:29 CET 2006

Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> Not sure what you're looking at, try this url:
>
> http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/freshrpms-list/2005-March/author.html
>
> The actual post is here:
>
> http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/freshrpms-list/2005-March/012682.html
>
> Quoting Anthony Messina <amessina at messinet.com>:
>
>> i appreciate your assistance and quick reply, but the post "by Ralf
>> Ertzinger on 9-March, 2005" is not available in the archives as they
>> only go back to May, 2005.  is there another place to find the
>> workaround of which you speak?
>>

>> Gerald B. Cox wrote:
>>
>>> There is an ongoing on and off again thread on this.  Check a posting
>>> by Ralf Ertzinger on 9-March, 2005 where he was so kind to provide
>>> the workaround.  That patch was applied for a time in the repository,
>>> but then Matthias decided to yank it - see my post on 9-November.
>>>
>>> In the meantime the situation is that you have alot of people who are
>>> just re-applying Ralf's patch manually until someone gets around to
>>> fixing dvdbackup.  Probably not the most efficient use of everyones
>>> time, but at least a workaround is available.

i still cannot get dvdbackup.c to compile.  also i checked the
dvd-dreate page at sourceforge and it looks like there has been nill
activity even on the mailing lists in over 6 months.  this project seems
unmaintained.

are there any other options for duplicating a dvd under linux?

also, why would rpmforge build an rpm that won't work with the latest
versions of its dependencies (libdvdnav and/or libdvdread)?

--
My Website: http://messinet.com
My Online Gallery: