[suggest] Slowly getting libferris into rpmforge?

Ben Martin monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 12 04:46:42 CET 2006

Hi,
  I'm the author of libferris [1] and am hoping to be able to get it or
some of its support libraries into rpmforge. Most of my tar.bz2 [3]
files also contain spec files though some might need some cleanups and
adjustments for use in rpmforge which I'm more than happy to do.

The generic build partial order [2] is rather large but most of the
things mentioned are already available as packages. I would suggest
starting with libferrisloki, libferrisstreams and libstldb4 (in that
order).

The above three should be fairly straight forward compared to libferris
itself. The problem with libferris is that it has many many potential
plugins. But I'll leave the details of this until/if we get to packaging
ferris.

If this mailing list is the incorrect way to start trying to get these
things into rpmforge then please redirect me :)

Thanks.

[1] http://witme.sourceforge.net/libferris.web/
[2] http://witme.sourceforge.net/libferris.web/download/buildorder.html
[3] http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=16036