[users] dvdbackup 0.1.1 - undefined symbol: UDFFindFile

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sat Mar 25 01:42:10 CET 2006

Anthony Messina wrote:
> Gerald B. Cox wrote:
>
>> The easiest thing would be to download the SRPM then unzip the
>> archive, modify the file /libdvdread-0.9.4-cvs/dvdread/Makefile.am
>> then re-zip the archive.  You then should be able to install the file by:
>>
>> installing the srpm
>> then issuing the rpmbuild --rebuild command on the SPEC file
>>
>> Whenever a new libdvdread comes out, you need to download the SRPM and
>> repeat the process.
>>
>> Would be alot easier if they would just patch the *&#(*$#&(( file
>> wouldn't it...
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> Quoting Anthony Messina <amessina at messinet.com>:

>>> how would i go about patching the file?  i've never done that before.
>>>  i tried on my own, but i'm getting a HUNK fail error.
>

> thank you for your help.  and i agree; this would be better if they kept
> the patch in libdvdread until someone either updates dvdbackup or
> creates a new program that will have the same functionality as
> dvdbackup.  was this patch adversley affecting libdvdread?
>
> i am quite surprised that those of us in the linux community have only
> dvdbackup to truly rip a dvd for copy to a blank dvd.  dvd::rip is a
> great program, but you can't re-burn to another dvd!  windows has
> several programs that will do what dvdbackup [did|does] for linux.
>
> is there anyone out there that would be willing to update/maintain
> dvdbackup as it seems that the current designer/maintainer has not done
> anything with the program in over 3 years?

so anyway, i've switched to using vobcopy from http://vobcopy.org.  this
project is well maintained and seems to be one of the only other
programs that will mirror the dvd, preserving the menus and titles other
than the main title.

it works extremely well.  thanks for all your help.

--
Anthony

My Website: http://messinet.com
My Online Gallery: