[users] Re: Vobcopy

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Mon Mar 27 18:18:47 CEST 2006

Matthias Saou wrote:
> Anthony Messina wrote :
>
> [...]
>
>>>thank you for your help.  and i agree; this would be better if they kept
>>>the patch in libdvdread until someone either updates dvdbackup or
>>>creates a new program that will have the same functionality as
>>>dvdbackup.  was this patch adversley affecting libdvdread?
>>>
>>>i am quite surprised that those of us in the linux community have only
>>>dvdbackup to truly rip a dvd for copy to a blank dvd.  dvd::rip is a
>>>great program, but you can't re-burn to another dvd!  windows has
>>>several programs that will do what dvdbackup [did|does] for linux.
>>>
>>>is there anyone out there that would be willing to update/maintain
>>>dvdbackup as it seems that the current designer/maintainer has not done
>>>anything with the program in over 3 years?
>>
>>so anyway, i've switched to using vobcopy from http://vobcopy.org.  this
>>project is well maintained and seems to be one of the only other
>>programs that will mirror the dvd, preserving the menus and titles other
>>than the main title.
>>
>>it works extremely well.  thanks for all your help.
>

> Interesting, I hadn't heard of vobcopy before. I've repackaged it now,
> it's on freshrpms.net for FC5 and expect it to appear on rpmforge
> sometime too ;-)
>
> Matthias

you, sir, rock!  thank you.

i do have a question though...  if you have it on freshrpms, why should
it be added to rpmforge?  i thought you guys were going to merge this
whole thing into one stellar repo at some point?  if the package appears
in both places, which one should a person choose?

--
Anthony

My Website: http://messinet.com
My Online Gallery: