[users] Re: Vobcopy

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Mar 28 07:48:43 CEST 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Anthony Messina wrote:

> Matthias Saou wrote:
> > Anthony Messina wrote :
> >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > so anyway, i've switched to using vobcopy from http://vobcopy.org.  this
> > > project is well maintained and seems to be one of the only other programs
> > > that will mirror the dvd, preserving the menus and titles other than the
> > > main title.
> > >
> > > it works extremely well.  thanks for all your help.
> >

> > Interesting, I hadn't heard of vobcopy before. I've repackaged it now,
> > it's on freshrpms.net for FC5 and expect it to appear on rpmforge
> > sometime too ;-)
> >
> > Matthias
> >
> you, sir, rock!  thank you.
>
> i do have a question though...  if you have it on freshrpms, why should it be
> added to rpmforge?  i thought you guys were going to merge this whole thing
> into one stellar repo at some point?  if the package appears in both places,
> which one should a person choose?

FreshRPMS packages the multimedia stuff on top of FC5 + extras.

RPMforge packages everything matthias has + everything else on top of RH7,
RH9, EL2.1, EL3, EL4, FC1, FC2, FC3, FC4 and FC5.

We have merged in the sense that our spec files are identical and we don't
spend effort maintaining 2 copies.

Kind regards,