[suggest] 'atop' and kernel-patch ‘cnt’

J.J.Garcia stigmatedbrain at gmail.com
Sun May 28 12:59:01 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've installed 'atop' pkg and i've found an interesting facility that it
provides when running in interactive mode, it's the 'd' command that shows Show
disk-related output (Per  process  the following fields are shown: process-id,
number of physical disk-reads, average size per read (bytes), total size for
read transfers...)

I've also noted that man page says "This information can only be shown when
kernel-patch ‘cnt’ is installed." and i asked CentOs folks about it refering me
they to you.

Is this feature easy to enable or by the other hand patching the kernel with
this "cnt" kernel-patch leads to unestability or something being hard to use?

I saw other features also needs this kernel-patch

TIA

Jose