[suggest] CPAN packages to contribute for FC5

Al Pacifico adpacifico at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 7 07:46:35 CEST 2006

I'm working on building an RPM for a GPL product from
Slimdevices called slimserver. They sell a stereo
component that your computer streams MP3, FLAC, Ogg
files to.

Slimserver is written in Perl and currently ships with
numerous CPAN modules that are duplicates of those
packages in RPMS that are part of core, extras, and
RPMForge. There are several that are not, perhaps as
many as twenty.

So far, while working on this, I've packages the
following:
perl-Algorithm-C3-0.01-1.noarch.rpm
perl-Class-C3-0.11-1.noarch.rpm
perl-Class-Data-Accessor-0.03-1.noarch.rpm
perl-Class-Virtual-0.05-1.noarch.rpm
perl-Data-Dump-1.06-1.noarch.rpm
perl-Data-Page-2.00-1.noarch.rpm
perl-Data-VString-0.000_003-1.noarch.rpm
perl-DBIx-Class-0.07000-1.noarch.rpm
perl-DBIx-Migration-0.05-1.noarch.rpm
perl-Devel-Dependencies-1.00-1.noarch.rpm
perl-File-Which-0.05-1.noarch.rpm
perl-JSON-1.07-1.noarch.rpm
perl-Module-Find-0.05-1.noarch.rpm
perl-MP4-Info-1.09-1.noarch.rpm
perl-MPEG-Audio-Frame-0.09-1.noarch.rpm
perl-Tie-Cache-LRU-Expires-0.54-1.noarch.rpm
perl-Tie-RegexpHash-0.15-1.noarch.rpm
perl-XML-XSPF-0.6-1.noarch.rpm

Every one of these rpms checks ok with rpmlint and the
corresponding SRPM builds cleanly using mock. The
names are not RPMForge compliant, but easily changed.

May I submit them to RPMForge? What is the best form
for the submission? I'm new to the process here.
-al