[users] Failure to install perl-Net-Pcap on Centos

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Fri Sep 8 23:19:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

I tried to install perl-Net-Pcap on my Centos 4.4 box (RHEL 4) but got the
following dependency issue:

Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Reducing Postgrey Repository to included packages only
Finished
Excluding Packages from CentOS-4 - Plus
Finished
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Downloading header for perl-Net-Pcap to pack into transaction set.
perl-Net-Pcap-0.12-1.el4. 100% |=========================| 4.0 kB    00:00
---> Package perl-Net-Pcap.i386 0:0.12-1.el4.rf set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: perl(IO::Interface) for package: perl-Net-Pcap
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(IO::Interface) is needed by package perl-Net-Pcap

It seems a rather common dependency to fail so miserably.

	uname -a:

Linux faramir.hugo.vanderkooij.org 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Aug 23
00:17:26 CDT 2006 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

	Repositories used:

dag                       100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
update                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
Postgrey                  100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
contrib                   100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
centosplus                100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00

Did I miss something?

Hugo.

PS: I have the same dependency failure on a Fedora Core 4 system.