[users] Re: gringotts-1.2.8-1.1.el3.dag crashing on CentOS 3.8

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Sep 30 09:02:39 CEST 2006

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On 9/28/06, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
>
> > Talking to the developer is usually the best way to get things resolved.
>
> Yes, and if I were compiling everything myself that'd be my first
> step, but I know from experience (I'm one of the developers of zsh)
> that talking to the developer without checking whether it's a problem
> with the packager is more frustrating for everyone.

The buildlogs are available, they contain everything.

If it is a problem with the build that could make the result behave
flacky, even that is something that the developer wants to prevent or fix.
In most cases they don't know it happens.

I'm not sure what you expect me to do about it. It's not that I don't want
to help, rather that I don't know what I could have done to make it not
behave on your system while on mine there is no problem.

Kind regards,