[users] Re: gringotts-1.2.8-1.1.el3.dag crashing on CentOS 3.8

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 18:00:29 CEST 2006

On 9/30/06, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what you expect me to do about it. It's not that I don't want
> to help, rather that I don't know what I could have done to make it not
> behave on your system while on mine there is no problem.

In the case of revelation, I expected you to do exactly what you did:
Tell me why there's not a newer release for RHEL3 and that you don't
have a problem on RHEL4.  Strictly speaking I was not even expecting a
response about RHEL4; I was just telling Dries what happened to me,
conversationally.

This is a users list, after all.  Is it not appropriate to try to
alert other users to potential problems with the packages and carry on
a conversation about possible corrections I might make?