[suggest] Contribution of Open-sharedroot RPMs

Dries Verachtert dries at ulyssis.org
Sun Aug 12 21:46:09 CEST 2007

On Friday August 10 2007, Reiner Rottmann wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> we would like to contribute our Open-sharedroot [1] RPMs to the RPMforge
> repository so that more people get to know our project and will work with
> it.
>
> Open-sharedroot is an open-source technology that can be used to create
> Diskless Shared Root Clusters [2] in combination with the Red Hat Cluster
> Suite [3].

Hello Reiner,

I've looked at the files and it's not clear which license is used. I guess a
first step to get it included in just any repository would be releasing the
files with a nice license which allows redistribution (add a LICENSE file in
each tar.gz). For example at the moment i found the following in a file
lib-bootloader.sh from comoonics-cs-0.5.tar.gz:

# This software is the confidential and proprietary information of ATIX
# GmbH. ("Confidential Information").  You shall not
# disclose such Confidential Information and shall use it only in
# accordance with the terms of the license agreement you entered into
# with ATIX.

kind regards,
Dries