[suggest] Fw: [rsyslog] rsyslog 1.19.0 released

Michael Mansour mic at npgx.com.au
Sat Aug 18 10:21:20 CEST 2007

Hi Stefan/Dag,

> You'll need to add something along the lines below to create a
> subpackage for the mysql output module.
>
> %package mysql
> Group: System Environment/Daemons
> Requires: %{name} = %{version}
>
> %description mysql
> MySQL output module for rsyslog
>
> %files mysql
> %defattr(-,root,root,-)
> %{_libdir}/rsyslog/ommysql.so*
> %exclude %{_libdir}/*.a
> %exclude %{_libdir}/*.la

I've been able to do this and correctly make the rsyslog and rsyslog-mysql
packages, which are done through this spec file:

ftp://ftp.npgx.com.au/mmansour/specs/rsyslog_v1.19.0.spec

I've also wiki'ed this on:

http://wiki.rsyslog.com/index.php/Here_comes_the_first_story

Although I can continue to maintain this, I'm hoping Dag/Dries can takeover
the provision of the RPM's and specs from now on? I can then modify the Wiki
page to direct people to the rpmforge repo for packages and specs.

Michael.