[users] Nagios 3.0b

Mindaugas mind at bi.lt
Thu Aug 2 15:14:34 CEST 2007

>>  Now that Nagios 3 beta is release maybe it's time to start rolling it's
>> RPMs? :)
>>
>>  I'm anxious because Nagios 2.9 is leaking memory for us.
>
> Are there any config file format changes?  Full version bumps worry me
> because things tend to break if you don't babysit the upgrade to fix any
> broken config (annoying to the on-call person when they get paged that
> one of the nagios slaves is down, etc).  That's usually one of the nice
> things about RHEL/CentOS is you can grab security updates without things
> breaking.

  Full What's New list is in:

  http://nagios.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/nagios/nagios/html/docs/whatsnew.html

  Quick overview does not show major differences in config files. Several
new macros and directives are added though.

  Anyway 3.0 will be released and we will whine here for it. :) So now it's
good time for Dag to decide whether he should make new nagios3 packages set
or will update old ones.

  Mindaugas