[users] dkms-fuse package doesn't work on RHEL4/CentOS4

Ralph Angenendt ra+rpmforge at br-online.de
Sat Aug 4 18:19:53 CEST 2007

Yan Li wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I believe this is a problem of the dkms-fuse package.  It doesn't work
> on RHEL4U5 (i386, same on CentOS 4.5).
>
> I installed dkms-fuse by using yum, but "modprobe fuse" failed and I
> following messages in dmesg:
> fuse: Unknown symbol mutex_destroy
>
> Some searching on google suggested that this is a know issue of fuse
> on RHEL4 because it's kernel doesn't support "mutex_destroy", and in
> order to make it work on el4 kernel this patch is needed:
> http://202.45.137.9/fuse-mutex_destroy.patch

This has been patched into the fuse package upstrem.

I rebuilt fuse and dkms-fuse bumping both to version 2.7.0. I tested
those versions on CentOS 4.5 x86_64 - where both work.

Those RPMs (and the spec file and the src.rpms) are available from
<http://people.centos.org/~ralph/fuse/>.

It would be nice, if those could be reincorporated into the rpmforge
repository.

Cheers,

Ralph