[users] Cacti wants php-ldap

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Aug 23 15:37:35 CEST 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, Stefan Radman wrote:

> When enabling LDAP support in cacti the screen might stay blank due to
> the following error:
>     PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function ldap_connect() in
> /var/www/cacti/auth_login.php
>
> Adding
>   Requires: php-ldap
> To the cacti.spec file will avoid this error.

But it only requires LDAP when you need LDAP functionality. It runs
perfectly fine without LDAP as well.

We cannot add all possible requirements to a package. That would mean that
some software requires both mysql and postgresql, or that eg. viewvc
requires both cvs and svn.

That's why RPM desperately needs Suggests or similar functionality.

Kind regards,