[users] Re: CentOS-5 x86_64, dkms and dkms-ntfs

Tru Huynh tru at pasteur.fr
Tue Aug 28 14:27:36 CEST 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 02:06:36PM +0200, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:
> Tru Huynh wrote:
> >The ntfs module can not be rebuild :(
> <snip>
> >PS: dkms-fuse and fuse-ntfs are working fine on the same machine :)
>
> hi

Hi,

> why do you want to install dkms-ntfs, since fuse-ntfs-3g installs and
> works fine (and has write access, whereas the old dkms-ntfs was read-only)?

dkms-ntfs does not depend on anything else than the kernel,
ntfs-3g depends on fuse. If fuse is broken, I can at least use
the read-only access from the ntfs module.

> just use fuse-ntfs-3g and forget about dkms-fuse.
s/dkms-fuse/dkms-ntfs/
your choice :)

It's a bug report on dkms-ntfs, not a ntfs VS fuse-ntfs-3g comparaison. ;)

Cheers,

Tru
--
Dr Tru Huynh          | http://www.pasteur.fr/recherche/unites/Binfs/