[suggest] spamassassin 3.1.8-2

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Feb 24 01:58:16 CET 2007

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, Michael Mansour wrote:

> Trying to upgrade to this:
>
> # yum --enablerepo=dag -y update spamassassin spamassassin-tools
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Could not find update match for spamassassin-tools
> Could not find update match for perl-Mail-SpamAssassin
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> ---> Package spamassassin.x86_64 0:3.1.8-2.el4 set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(Mail::SpamAssassin) = 3.1.8 for package:
> spamassassin-tools
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Mail::SpamAssassin) = 3.1.8 is needed by
> package spamassassin-tools
>
> But:
>
> # yum --enablerepo=dag list perl-Mail*
> Setting up repositories
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Installed Packages
> perl-MailTools.noarch                    1.74-1.el4.rf          installed
> Available Packages
> perl-Mail-Alias.noarch                   1.12-1.2.el4.rf        dag
> perl-Mail-Bulkmail.noarch                3.12-1.2.el4.rf        dag
> perl-Mail-IMAPClient.noarch              2.2.9-1.2.el4.rf       dag
> perl-Mail-Mbox-MessageParser.noarch      1.4005-1.el4.rf        dag
> perl-Mail-MboxParser.noarch              0.55-1.2.el4.rf        dag
> perl-Mail-POP3Client.noarch              2.17-1.2.el4.rf        dag
> perl-Mail-SPF-Query.noarch               1.999.1-1.2.el4.rf     dag
> perl-Mail-Sender.noarch                  0.8.13-1.el4.rf        dag
> perl-Mail-Sendmail.noarch                0.79-1.2.el4.rf        dag
>
> So the perl-Mail-Spamassassin package also needs to be supplied for the
> spamassassin upgrade to work.
>
> Thanks.

Yum is fooling you. It is listing the package names, but not the package
provides.

	rpm -q --provides spamassassin

The spamassassin package provides all the perl-Mail-Spamassassin modules
you need. I don't know what Yum's problem is and I do not understand the
output from Yum. I don't use Yum myself.

What I can tell you, there's nothing wrong with the spamassassin packages.
And it's Red Hat's decision to put the perl-Mail-Spamassassin packages as
part of spamassassin and not in a seperate RPM like upstream was doing.

I have to follow the Red Hat decision and it works. Not sure what Yum is
complaining about.

Kind regards,