[suggest] Subversion 1.4 package broken

Tim Whittington Tim.Whittington at orionhealth.com
Tue Jan 16 21:24:54 CET 2007

Are there packages with exact dependencies that upgrading apr would break?

I managed to upgrade all the apr packages from 0.9.4 to 0.9.12 as all the deps I had were >= 0.9.4.
Post upgrade , I don't have a problem with httpd, httpd-devel etc. etc.

tim

Tim Whittington wrote:
> The Subversion 1.4 package appears to be broken.
> The build logs indicate that this is a missing dependency on apr, which was introduced starting with Subversion 1.4 (the <= 1.3 builds appear fine).
>
> There's an apr directory on DAGs old site, but it's not in the package listing.
>
> There do appear to be fairly up-to-date RPM builds of apr (and apr-util, apr-devel, apr-util-devel) on the Apache download site (http://apache.hoxt.com/apr/binaries/rpm/).
>
> Would it be possible to get this dependency sorted?

not onto the EL4 repo's please! unless svn can be built with the apr
stuff statically included within the svn packages.

Upgrading the distro apr-* is not going to be very nice for all the
other things that also depend on it. ( and the pcre issue too )

- KB