[users] kxstitch - Bug report.

Robin Laing mesat at TelusPlanet.net
Mon Jan 1 23:29:20 CET 2007

Hello,

My wife is into stitching and we have used kxstitch in the past.  Now I
installed it under FC4 on two machines and have the same crash symptom.

In both cases the crash occurs when trying to import an image.  It
doesn't matter what image format that I use but in all cases the crash
is the same.

Running from the command line, I get

[robin at Eagle2 ~]$ kxstitch
kbuildsycoca running...
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Magick::ErrorOption'
   what():  ImageMagick: unrecognized pixel map `RGB'
KCrash: Application 'kxstitch' crashing...

Looking through the kxstitch
(http://kxstitch.sourceforge.net/index.shtml) site I see that this is
reported to be a bug with a change to imagemagick that was corrected in
a later build of kxstitch (0.6).  From the kxstitch site, version 0.8 is
now out.

2004-09-05

   * Fixed bug caused by a change in ImageMagick from version 6.0.0

There is an rpm for version 0.7 on the kxstitch site that works.

Thank you.