[users] expansion of the number of CPAN modules?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Jan 11 22:15:26 CET 2007

Hi,

I tried to install WebGUI on Centos 4.4 but found it needs a shitload of
CPAN modules and not all of them seem to be part of the current RPM
repositories.

I could try to run them all through CPAN2RPM. There is a reasonable chance
it will result in a load of extra and working packages but is it the way
to go?

Some people think you should bypass the package manager and just mix RPM
with CPAN and manual sources as if it was a windows system you have to
install every couple of months. But I like to have a system that can
actually be updated or duplicated without weeks of downtime.

Hugo.

--
 	hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org	http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/