[users] Re: faad2, mpeg4ip, libavcodec (ffmpeg?)

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jan 12 13:16:10 CET 2007

Dag Wieers wrote :

> As stated before, this is a bug in Yum.

I'm not in agreement here. The proper fix is to not duplicate the
libmp4v2 library, now that it's in a separate package, which would mean
ripping it out of mpeg4ip and rebuilding the package against the new
shared libmp4v2.

When two packages provide the same library which fulfills a
requirement, the behaviour is pretty much undefined... it seems like
yum probably just picks up the first one it finds alphabetically... why
not.

For me, it's a packaging bug that needs fixing :-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.19-1.2888.fc6
Load : 0.22 0.33 0.26