[users] Mail from list detected as Spam

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Wed Jan 24 20:33:24 CET 2007

Dag Wieers wrote:
> This is not a dial-up. In fact, it is a fixed IP and corporate conection.
> ADSL does not mean it is a dialup or a dynamic IP.

Hi Dag,
I understand, I expressed myself wrong. I understand that ADSL is a
tecnology
used by dial-up/broadband and corporate users.

If you ADSL with a fixed/static public IP (213.193.131.241), then you just
need to contact your ISP and ask for the correct PTR or reverse lookup
configuration.

It just look like this:
lists.rpmforge.net. -> 213.193.131.241
213.193.131.241 -> lists.rpmforge.net.

Having a reverse lookup configured right is required by RFC not just me,
so maybe others will have problems too (hotmail, gmail, yahoo)

Thanks
Oliver
P.D.: by "public IP" I mean "non private IP". Private IPs are by RFC
10.0.0.0, 192.168.0.0, etc,
but that you already know. It was the term "public" that created then
confusion. ;)

--
Oliver Schulze L.   | Get my e-mail after a captcha in:
Asuncion - Paraguay | http://tinymailto.com/oliver