[users] Re: amavisd-new and amavie-release

Andreas Rogge a.rogge at solvention.de
Sun Jan 28 21:21:18 CET 2007

I've investigated how to add the additional scripts and It seems quite
easy.
I also think it would be 100% safe to add amavisd-nanny (script that
checks the status of amavisd-new).
After looking into amavisd-release and amavisd-agent (a script to get
the status for amavisd-new in a snmp-able way), I realized that both are
marked as examples. The scripts look quite stable and robust, but I'm
not a perl programmer.
I know several people who use these stock examples for production use,
however I don't know it makes sense (from a packagers POV) to add these
scripts to the package.
Any help (i.e. telling me what to do) would be appreciated.

Regards,
Andreas Rogge

--
Andreas Rogge <a.rogge at solvention.de>