[users] libquicktime 0.9.10-3.el4

Jean-Philippe Francois jp.francois at cynove.com
Wed Jan 31 15:58:44 CET 2007

Jean-Philippe Francois a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> My distribution is CentOs 4
> Centos 4.4
>> I installed xawtv from rpmforge, whiche require libquicktime.
>> When launching xawtv, it segfaults with the following message :
>>
>> dlopen failed for /usr/lib/libquicktime/lqt_ffmpeg.so : undefined
>> symbol :avcodec init
>>
>> I installed ffmpeg, so libavcodec.so is present in /usr/lib
>> Is it a package problem or an ldconfig problem ?
> I don't know how all the SRPM things is supposed to work, but I
> downloaded
> the corresponding SRPM package.
>
> I am looking at some SRPM howto, and I am planning to do the following
> thing first.
> - yum remove libquicktime
> - rebuild without changing anyting
> - yum localinstall the rebuilt rpm
> - keep you posted :)

I rebuilt with %dist 2.el4 in my .rpmmacros
Looking at the output of ldd /usr/lib/libquicktime/lqt_ffmpeg.so, the
rebuilt package
is different from the rpmforge package.

XawTv is still segfaulting however.

I am a bit lost here :
What are the rpmmacros used by packagers ?
Is it the reason why the repo and rebuilt packages  differ ?
Am I posting on the good list ?