[suggest] Re: perl-Apache-ASP

Michael Mansour mic at npgx.com.au
Mon Jul 2 03:47:05 CEST 2007

Hi Nico,

> Dries wrote:
> > Actually they're not provided by the mod_perl package on RHEL4. You can get
> > the list of provides with the following command:
> > rpm -q --provides mod_perl
> > The output will contain for example 'perl(Apache::Connection)' but
> > not 'perl(Apache2::Connection)'. It contains files
> > like ..../Apache/Connection.pm but not .../Apache2/Connection.pm. So i think
> > you would need an update of mod_perl if you want to run that version of
> > perl-Apache-ASP. The package mod_perl is a part of RHEL itself. It's not easy
> > to upgrade that package i think.
> >
> > The mod_perl 2.0.2-6.1 package of RHEL5 does contain provides like
> > perl(Apache2::Connection).
> >
> > kind regards,
> > Dries
> >
> I wonder if the centosplus 4.5 repository has a sufficiently updated
> mod_perl and httpd to provide these dependencies? As long as Dayne
> is consistently using Scientific Linux rather than RHEL, he may have
> some difficulty doing these upgrades for SL 44.

I've just updated the majority of the SL44 server to SL45. I have four SL44
servers left to upgrade, which will complete by the end of the week.

It's a thing to try though, I will try on one of the SL45 servers another
update run for perl-Apache-ASP and email here the results.

I appreciate your continuing suggestions. As suggested in another email,
upgrading to SL5 is not an option for this setup, I'd need to build new SL5
servers and run them in test for months before I could consider SL5 a
"working" solution.

As an admin, I never dive from a platform without first testing how deep the
water is, it could be shallow with sharp rocks just under the surface.

Regards,

Michael.