[users] Problems with php-pecl-memcache

Dries Verachtert dries at ulyssis.org
Tue Jul 10 21:19:52 CEST 2007

On Thursday June 21 2007, Mindaugas wrote:
>   Hello,
>
>   While trying to start Apache I got an error:
>
> PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/lib64/php4/memcache.so' - /usr/lib64/php4/memcache.so: undefined
> symbol: php_url_parse_ex in Unknown on line 0
>
>   It happens with php-pecl-memcache v2.1.2. When I reverted to older v2.0.4
> Apache started without problems.
>
>   System - now fully updated CentOS4, 64 bit version.

There seems to be another user with the same problem:

http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=9067&edit=1

According to the comments, this should be fixed in the cvs, but i can't find
the commit in php-pecl-memcache which fixes this. I can find a commit in
pecl-http which seems to be related to the same problem:
http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/pecl/http/http_functions.c?r1=1.153&r2=1.154
which has been committed between 1.3.1/1.3.2 and 1.3.3. The changelog of pecl
http also contains bug #9067 for release 1.3.3 according to
http://pecl.php.net/package-changelog.php?package=pecl_http&release=1.3.3

Is there maybe someone on the list who knows a bit more about php pecl and can
find the correct cvs diff which fixes the problem? :-)

kind regards,
Dries