[users] SpamAssassin version inconsistency

Michael Mansour mic at npgx.com.au
Wed Jul 11 00:07:57 CEST 2007

Hi Todd,

> >> No corresponding spamassassin-tools package.  It's easier to just roll
> >> my own rpms.
> >Hello Todd,
> >The latest spamassassin packages made by Dag also don't contain a
> >spamassassin-tools subpackage anymore, you can see this at
> >http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/spamassassin/
>
> I had not caught that.  I verified that the check_whitelist script isn't
> in the 3.2.0 or 3.2.1 packages.  It's normally in the spamassassin-tools
> package, which is what I need to begin with.  Do you recall if it has
> been removed upstream?  I don't see it in the 3.2.1 tarball.  I guess
> that has gone the way of the dinosaur :-(

On the 2nd of May in the list archives, you'll see I queried this will Dag at
the time too, as I was using the check_whitelist script myself from the tools
package (and I was the one that requested Dag originally package
spamassassin-tools years ago).

But here was Dag's response on the 2nd of May:

***
No. RPMforge also packages the tools that are part of the distribution.
(contrib/ sql/ scripts...) but Red Hat does not. So if you installed the
RPMforge spamassassin-tools package, which depends on the RPMforge
spamassassin package, it complains when upgrading to the sole spamassassin
upstream package.

Now with 3.2.0 I have dropped the spamassassin-tools package in favor of
having the extras (ldap/ sql/) as part of the spamassassin package.

However the spamassassin-tools package is not my creation, this was like
upstream provided it for years.

Kind regards,
***

Since then I have not used the check_whitelist script anymore, and haven't had
the time (or the inclination) to look for an alternative or re-script it myself.

Have you checked the "extras" package that Dag refers to above?

Michael.