[users] problem with dante 1.1.19-1 and RHEL3

Dennis Xu dennisxu at ca.ibm.com
Wed Jul 11 23:09:01 CEST 2007

Thanks .... I went to tsock eventually .... tsock's configuration option is
not that flexible than dante but seems a lot more stable....

             Dries Verachtert
             <dries at ulyssis.or
             g>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  users at lists.rpmforge.net
             users-bounces at lis                                          cc
             ts.rpmforge.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [users] problem with dante
             07/10/2007 03:48          1.1.19-1 and RHEL3
             PM

On Tuesday July 10 2007, Dennis Xu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Wonder if anyone ever sees dante corrupts the running kernel or complaint
> about "segmentation fault" when I try to ping an IP that should not be
> sockified according to my /etc/socks.conf definition ?
>
> I've tried dante-1.1.19-1.el3.rf.i386.rpm on RHEL3 update 3/update 9 with
> the same error.
>
> Thanks,

Hello,
The faq at the dante site contains some info on adding 'logoutput:' and
enabling debug logging:
http://www.inet.no/dante/FAQ/node4.html
Maybe this can help you a bit further or maybe somebody can help you when
you
generate those logs..
kind regards,
Dries