[users] dkms-fuse package doesn't work on RHEL4/CentOS4

Yan Li elliot.li.tech at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:37:02 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I believe this is a problem of the dkms-fuse package.  It doesn't work
on RHEL4U5 (i386, same on CentOS 4.5).

I installed dkms-fuse by using yum, but "modprobe fuse" failed and I
following messages in dmesg:
fuse: Unknown symbol mutex_destroy

Some searching on google suggested that this is a know issue of fuse
on RHEL4 because it's kernel doesn't support "mutex_destroy", and in
order to make it work on el4 kernel this patch is needed:
http://202.45.137.9/fuse-mutex_destroy.patch

(original web page:
http://goc.pragma-grid.net/wiki/index.php/Modprobe_Problem%3F_(by_Jing-yuan_Luke,_MIMOS,_Malaysia
)

I think we should include this patch into the dkms-fuse package for
el4 kernels, or nobody can use it on RHEL4 unless using above hack by
themselves.

--
Sincerely yours,

Li, Yan