[users] kaffeine conflict and update

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jul 18 21:35:27 CEST 2007

Hi !

When trying to install on an up-to-date CentOS 5/i386 the package:

kaffeine-0.7.1-1.2.el5.rf

I get the conflict:

Transaction Check Error:
   file /usr/share/mimelnk/application/x-mplayer2.desktop from install of kaffeine-0.7.1-1.2.el5.rf conflicts with file from package kdelibs-3.5.4-11.el5.centos

I don't quite understand why kaffeine wants to install a
x-mplayer2.desktop entry... in any case, can something be done about
it ? The only solution that I see is to simply not include this file
in the RPM, but I might be missing something, like its necessity for
other distributions.

While checking kaffeine's web page, I noticed that there is a quite
large version gap between the RF version (0.7.1) and the latest stable
version (0.8.4). Is there some particular reason for freezing the RF
version or it's simply that nobody noticed the new version yet ? I, of
course, volunteer to test any updated version on CentOS 5.

Thanks in advance!

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868