[users] Re: Dcon

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Jul 19 11:30:16 CEST 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, David Hrbá? wrote:

> we are having problems with Dconf since upgrade Centos to 4.5. Dconf
> creates archives, but complains.
>
> [root at rakosnicek ~]# dconf
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/dconf", line 481, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/bin/dconf", line 450, in main
>     mail('changes to %s' % os.uname()[1], diff(os.path.realpath(previouslog), os.path.realpath(latestlog)))
>   File "/usr/bin/dconf", line 267, in diff
>     fromfd = dzopen(fromfile)
>   File "/usr/bin/dconf", line 142, in dzopen
>     return gzip.open(filename, arg)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/gzip.py", line 49, in open
>     return GzipFile(filename, mode, compresslevel)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/gzip.py", line 94, in __init__
>     fileobj = self.myfileobj = __builtin__.open(filename, mode or 'rb')
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/dconf-rakosnicek-20070715-042302.log.gz'

I have no clue what could cause this and it does not happen on a 4.5
x86_64 system I have at home :( Fact is that it happens when it is
supposed to mail out a diff between the current and previous dconf file.

So in itself not critical to dconf, but pretty annoying when you expect
that functionality to work. If you disable mailing, I would think the
problem goes away as a consequence.

It would help if you could investigate what is causing this. Maybe a
permissions problem or something related to selinux ? Python is a pretty
simple language to make modifications to and do trial-and-error.