[users] Re: Dcon

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Jul 19 12:55:25 CEST 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, David Hrbác( wrote:

> Dag Wieers napsal(a):
> > On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, David Hrbá? wrote:
>
> Dag,
> please change line 450 to:
> mail('changes to %s' % os.uname()[1], diff(previouslog, latestlog))
>
> Works fine now. See attached file.

Yes, the previouslog and latestlog are absolute paths, that's why the
os.path.basename suggestion was very suspicious. However, the realpath is
normally there to make sure that if any of them (like previouslog) is a
symlink, that the diff does not refer to the symlink-name, but to the real
name of the file. So that you know from the diff which files exactly are
compared.

However, I'm very suspicious to why it suddenly failed after upgrading to
4.5 so an analysis of that would be welcome. Either the way
os.path.realpath works has changed or the upgrade messed wih some
assumptions.