[users] trac package does not work in RHEL4

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Fri Jul 20 06:32:09 CEST 2007

Hi,
I was trying the trac package and it does not work at first
in RHEL4.

It seems that the file:
/etc/httpd/conf.d/trac.conf
is trying to configure it as CGI, but the cgi won't run.

I setup trac using mod_python and here is my apache config:

# cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/trac_python.conf
-----------------------------
<Location /trac>
  SetHandler mod_python
  PythonHandler trac.web.modpython_frontend
  PythonOption TracEnvParentDir /opt/my-trac/
  PythonOption TracUriRoot /trac

</Location>

<LocationMatch "/trac/[^/]+/login">
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Trac"
  AuthUserFile /usr/share/trac/trac.htpasswd
  Require valid-user
</LocationMatch>
-----------------------

After creating that file, you need to run:
Create your first user:
# htpasswd -cm /usr/share/trac/trac.htpasswd user1

Create your first proyect:
# trac-admin /opt/my-trac/project1 initenv

Assing admin permission:
# trac-admin /opt/my-trac/project1 permission add user1 TRAC_ADMIN

# User trac in:
http://localhost/trac

HTH
Oliver