[suggest] Re: suggest Digest, Vol 24, Issue 9

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 18:24:14 CEST 2007

Michael Mansour wrote:
> Hi Nico,
>

>> Where does SL44 (Scientific Linux 4.4, I assume!) look for its
>> rpmforge repositories? Check /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo to see:
>> it's probably looking in the rhel4 repository. And what does "yum
>> list extras" say about RPM's you may have installed form elsewhere
>> causing confusing dependencies?
>>

> By default Scientific Linux comes with:
>
> # cat dag.repo
> [dag]
> name=DAG rpms
> baseurl=ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/extra/dag/redhat/el4/en/$basearch/dag/
> enabled=0
> gpgcheck=0
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-dag
>
> in the package:
>
> # rpm -qf dag.repo
> yum-conf-44-1.SL.noarch
>
> I also run a local mirror of Dag's repo using Dag's mrepo.
>
> Although I've been meaning to, I don't use the rpmforge RPM since the above
> has worked for years. Scientific Linux also mirror Dag's repo.
>
> Hmm.. I haven't used "yum list extras" before, I'll analyse it now and see.
>
> I think I'll also install the rpmforge RPM to see if that makes a difference.
>
> Thanks, I'll let you know how I go.

Hmm. That repository for dag that you use right now may be an rhel4 DAG
mirror: it's hard to tell. If it is, the rpmforge-release package won't
gain you much, except the use of the RPMforge mirrors rather than a
singular base URL. How are you mirroring DAG? Are you pointing rsync
somewhere, or using wget, or what?