[users] x264 package has problems with updating

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Jun 5 20:05:48 CEST 2007

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Tomá Laovika wrote:

> Dne po 4. ÿÿervna 2007 Ewgenij Zharovsky napsal(a):
> > I'm using CentOS 5 on an i686 machine. The following
> > lines should describe my problem:

> > I guess the 20070529 is packaged in a wrong way or
> > something. I hope someone knows a solution or can tell
> > me, who to tell in case thats a bug...
>
> Hello,
> this was already discussed. Actually all posts in this june are about x264 so
> far. Check this one:
> http://lists.rpmforge.net/pipermail/users/2007-June/000777.html

It's fixed now. Compiling the multimedia packages against the newer x264
(which should have been done in the first place) together with the wine
update took a big chunk of the my last 2 days. (most of it was waiting
though)

In retrospect, the easiest was probably to get the x264 out of the repo
until everything was finished still I never expected it to take this long.

Kind regards,