[users] yum update overwrites RedHat rpms with rpmforge rpms

Schubert, Todd Todd.Schubert at eisi.com
Wed Jun 20 18:06:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have installed rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el5.rf so that I can receive
updates of some non Red Hat packages that I have installed in my
environment.  What I am finding though is that yum is updating Red Hat
distributed packages with rpmforge ones.

=====
 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository
Size
=====
Updating:
 lftp                    i386       3.5.10-1.el5.rf  rpmforge
1.3 M
 mtr                     i386       2:0.72-1.el5.rf  rpmforge
79 k
 rsync                   i386       2.6.9-1.el5.rf   rpmforge
295 k
 syslinux                i386       3.51-1.el5.rf    rpmforge
698 k

Transaction Summary

This is of particular concern because the rpmforge version of rsync does
not support the --attrs or --acls options and is breaking scripts (Red
Hat version is rsync-2.6.8-3.1).

Is there any way to prevent this other than removing rpmforge from the
repos?

Thanks
Todd

The contents of this e-mail and all attachments are confidential and are solely for the use of the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any
 review, use, dissemination, distribution, printing, copying, or retention of this e-mail and all attachments is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete the e-mail
and all attachments from your computer.