[users] Re: udftools error on RHEL4

RPMForge Readers role.rpmforge at axoria.net
Thu Jun 28 21:59:42 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 12:48, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg wrote:

> >> See the mount manpage for the options to udf.
> >
> > Ah, now _that_ man-page I did not find. I don't think it's installed
> > with your package, is it?
> >

> Dag was referring to
> man mount

Oh, right, I understand now -- I've checked that and it is almost the
same as the other documentation I found previously. The only possible
candidate option (total shot in the dark sort of guesswork) that I can
see there that I didn't try before is the "novrs".

Tried that and managed to get a kernel panic. Oops-a-daisy!

I think it's time to give up and go use the Vista machine for the time
being. Maybe it'll suddenly work some day in the future when several
rounds of patches have found their way on to the server over time, or
even different hardware (mind you, I've been trying on basic IBM x100
servers that aren't old or weird or anything)...

Thanks everyone for your input! I'll post here if I have a breakthrough.

--
Best regards,
James.