[users] Mrepo (with Redhat) works on one but not the other?

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Sat Mar 10 01:51:07 CET 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 01:59:08PM -1000, Camron W. Fox enlightened us:
> Jim Perrin wrote:
> >On 3/9/07, Camron W. Fox <cwfox at us.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> >>rhnget: "Unknown error that needs more debugging occured with channel
> >>rhel-x86_64-es-4-extras. Skipping.\n'up2date'"
> >>mrepo: Mirroring failed for rhns:///rhel-x86_64-es-4-extras with message:
> >>

> >Look at url string, rhns:///
> >
> >I don't think that looks right. You might wish to check the
> >corresponding versions of all software involved. I'm not 100% where
> >it's pulling that value, but it may give you a place to start looking.
> >

> Jim,
>
> 	It's straight out of /etc/mrepo.conf.d/rhel4es.conf, which is the
> 	same on both boxes:

What version of mrepo? There was a problem at one time where rhns:///
evaluated to something that came from the up2date configuration, which on a
CentOS box was not a redhat rhn server (go figure...).

You might check that, as well as making sure the the line

up2date default

is uncommented in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

It is commented by default on CentOS boxes and is required for mrepo to work.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics