[users] Dropping the repotag

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Mar 17 14:10:22 CET 2007

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, users-owner at lists.rpmforge.net wrote:

> With only 3 active packagers in RPMforge and no published packaging policy,
> RPMforge will eventually be overtaken by "third class citizens" who rename
> and renumber and epoch packages in a complete erratic, incompatible and
> incompetent manner. If that happens, I foresee that I will be spending my
> valuable time on stupid dependency problems and recompiling packages to solve
> them, and that will mean hello Debian for me.

If there was a clear set of guidelines I could try and brush up my spec
skills and add a few packages I value but which are not part of the
repository.

I would be willing to maintain them but would be unable to build them on
all supported systems. So if anything could be arrange so I could build
them on my own Centos 4 system(s) first and then put them up to be build
for the other supported versions.

I could do with a project leader in this as I sometimes need to be
reminded of things to be done.

With people like me adding and supporting only some packages the drops
might become a flood.

Hugo.

 		(Thanks JFK, for the insight.)